"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self- confident and more and more successful." -Mark Victor Hansen

Friday, April 4, 2008

I did it!

We've pretty much finished up our move this week. There's still a lot of work that needs to be done at the old house... Mainly cleaning and throwing things away, but I'll worry about that next week. I'm just happy to finially have our new house all set up and ready for my sister's baby shower tomorrow! I can't remember if I mentioned that or not...

Anyway, it's been a madhouse over here for the past 2 weeks! We've had a lot of work done to this house already... My brother came over and weedwacked our backyard for us. My dad came over and painted our vanity in the 2nd bathroom. It used to be a hideous blue and yellow! (I guess they had a Hawaii theme in there...) He also put in baseboards in the living room, both bathrooms and the hallway. (Apparently when they installed the tile floors they didn't think to put base boardsback in...) Then yesterday my mom came over and painted our fireplace for us. It went from a primary red color to a neutral sandy brown made to look like stones. It turned out really cute! Then today I cleaned like crazy. I unpacked the rest of the boxes, hung picture frames and decorated Cam's room.

Here's hoping everything goes smoothly tomorrow....

No comments: