"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self- confident and more and more successful." -Mark Victor Hansen

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Semper Gumby

If you're a Marine Wife, I'm sure you've heard this phrase... It basically means "Always Flexible" which is a spin off of Semper Fidelis (meaning Always Faithful). Well right now I'm trying so to remember that I need to stay Semper Gumby.... I am a Marine Wife after all. The reason, you ask?

Ronnie just got new orders.

To where you ask? The stinkin Mojave Desert! Basically in the middle of no where!!! I've been there before. My grandparents, my Aunt Lori (her husband and my cousins) and my Uncle Vince and his wife all live up there. I didn't like it at ALL. When we went it was in the middle of Summer and it was so hot outside that my mom's car started overheating.

Ugh... Edwards Air Force Base.

Now you might be asking when, right? 45 days. We have 45 days to check out of here and then we'll have a few weeks to get settled in up there. I'm so flustered right now. We JUST finished unpacking the last box over here in our new house. Now I get to do it all over again, only this time it won't be right down the street... it will be a 4 hour drive up north. I really feel bad complaining about this because I know that it could be much worse. We could have been stationed thousands of miles from here... I suppose if we HAD to be stationed some where else, 4 hours away seems like a good compromise. Although I would have rather been stationed at Camp Pendelton. =P At least Camp Pen is still within San Diego County. LOL.

Yesterday was the hardest day to get through after hearing the news. I think it was because of the initial shock of the whole thing. Ronnie had his recruiting orders cancelled... we were staying here in San Diego. We moved in to a new house that we figured would be great for at least the next 3-5 years. This was the perfect home for us. Close to every thing and everyone. It even had a pool that I was hoping to teach Camron to swim in this summer or next. Telling the news to those closest to me was the hardest thing of all. I text messaged Lizz as soon as I found out. Then I called my mom. My mom took it really hard. Her and Hans (my step dad) are really close to Camron. Lizz took it pretty hard too.... We were both crying on and off all day.

Lizz... What am I going to do without my best friend??? We've been through so much together in such a short amount of time. It just doesn't seem fair. Who am I going to eat sushi with when the mood hits? The Olive Garden? Gossip with? Who will I walk the mall with, go to Target with, stay up late at night with laughing our asses off at nothing in particular... watch trash tv with, marvel at the fact that we have some awesome kids, who will I BABY (toddler) WEAR with??? Makes me want to cry right now thinking about it.

I've also been thinking about all that I'm going to miss.... My sister is going to have her first baby any day now! I'll only get to be here for the first month or so. Babies grow so fast and he or she won't know me at all. And Lizz is having her second baby in November! I don't want to miss out on that too.

Ok I guess I will end my pity party now and just accept that there will be A LOT of money spent on gas in the next couple years... Ugh. Thinking about it being $4 a gallon makes me want to hurl....

No comments: