"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self- confident and more and more successful." -Mark Victor Hansen

Thursday, June 5, 2008

6 years ago this month....

I was graduating from my senior year at Granite Hills High school. Has it really been that long? Dang. For the most part I can remember graduation day like it was yesterday... I was living at my dad's house at the time and that morning I was rushing around to get ready. I was driving myself since I had my own car. I remember that I got out of the house on time and just as I got to the school I realized that I had left my cap on my bed! I drove as fast as I could back home (in Lakeside! Granite Hills is in El Cajon!), grabbed the cap and rushed back to school. By this time there was NO parking close to the stadium... I had to run all the way from Kennedy Park up to the stadium. I'd say that was a good mile run. When I get up there I realized that I had left my tassel at home. OMG... could my day get any worse? Luckily Alyssa (can't remember her last name) had a spare and she lent it to me for the ceremony. The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. Went to lunch with the family then off to a couple graduation parties... and ended up at my boyfriend Cory's house... who also graduated that day from West Hills High School. Oh and Ronnie was there... Yes Ronnie as in my now husband. Ahhh the memories.

Anyway, I bring this all up because my little brother graduates at Granite Hills tomorrow. Class of 2008. I can hardly believe it... I feel pretty old now. He's the youngest sibling in our family and the last to graduate. Not looking forward to getting up early tomorrow.... Especially with Crabby Camron! He's so not a morning person. We'll be there though, bright and early.

Congrats class of 2008!

No comments: