"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self- confident and more and more successful." -Mark Victor Hansen

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Let's talk baby names

Apparently my husband wants us to be one of "those" families. You know the ones I'm talking about. They name all of their kids with the same first letter. Jenny, Jessica, Jacob, Jeffery, etc. Well, he wants all of our future children (Including the one I'm carrying) to have their name start with the letter "C".

It all started the other night when we were talking about baby names. I have a few that I picked out and absolutly LOVE, but Ronnie isn't liking anything I mentioned. That is until I said, "How about Sierra if it's a girl." He said he really liked it, but that it had to be spelled with a C. Ok then... Cierra. Cierra is a name that I never once considered, but for the past couple days it has been nagging at me and I couldn't stop thinking about this name. So I was really surprised when Ronnie said that he liked it. All the other names I had told him he immediatly shot down. This same exact situation happened when we were naming Camron... I gave him a list of names and he hated every single one of them. Out of no where I said, "How about Cameron." He told me, "I like it! But it has to be spelt c-a-m-r-o-n. No "e" in it." Ok, fine, Camron it is. So if it's a girl I think we're going with Cierra Lynn.

A boy's name is a little harder. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name Braydon! Ronnie keeps telling me he's not too sure about it. I don't want to name our child anything that both don't agree on... So last night while we were discussing names I was looking through a baby name book at all the "C" names. There was nothing in there that was really standing out. Then out of no where Ronnie says, "How about Cason?" Cason? I asked him how to spell it.... it's like Jason, but with a C instead. Hmm... Kinda interesting. All that night I was saying it over and over in my head. The more I say it the more I love it. I've never heard the name before, it's not in any baby name books and it was ranked at number 721ish in the Social Security Name Index. I think it's more commonly a last name, but then so is Camron. I think I LOVE it! This morning I thought of the perfect middle name to go with it, Joshua. Cason Joshua...

Of course we still have MONTHS to think about names... and we don't even know this baby's gender yet..... but I think it's pretty safe to say that if it's a boy he'll be named Cason Joshua and if it's a girl she'll be named Cierra Lynn.

We plan to have at least 2 more kids. It'll be a challange coming up with 2 more C names that we both love....

No comments: